Ministry Team Opportunities
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
1 Corinthians 12:4-7
The Lord desires for His followers to use the gifts and talents He has provided each of us for His greater glory. Many are eager to help but are unaware of the opportunities available. We want to help!
This page is regularly updated with ministry opportunities within New Castle Bible Church. Please prayerfully review the positions below and consider how you may be able to fill the gaps with your gifts and talents.
Contact us here or call the church office with your interest or questions.
- Welcome Desk- Greet people and answer questions. Serve one month at a time, choosing between three shifts on Sunday mornings.
- Cafe server - Help serve coffee, lattes, and other drinks/snacks in the Intersection Cafe. Sunday morning and Wednesday evening shifts available.
- Wednesday Night Meal Team: Looking to expand our Wednesday night meal ministry to every Wednesday. Need teams to rotate and serve once a month.
Fill the Freezer
(one time - no ongoing commitment)
- Cook/Bake - Help immediate needs of church family experiencing difficulties by filling the NCBC freezer. Make any dish that freezes well (entrees, sides, desserts, breakfast foods, etc.), place in disposable container or freezer ziplock, provide name of dish and directions along with the date made. Then place in the chest freezer in the kitchen.
No sign-up needed.
Nursing Home Ministry
Help provide church services to area nursing homes in Eureka, Hopedale, Morton and Pekin. Share your love through any of the following:
- Sitting and visiting with residents
WORSHIP A/V TEAM:
(Training available for each position)
- Computer - Live stream our worship services!
- Computer- Scroll slides on the computer for worshippers to sing along with songs and follow sermon notes.
- Sound- Ensure everyone can hear the music and pastor by running the sound board.
- Puggles Director (2 yrs. old)
- Cubbies Director (3-5 yrs. old)
Joy Club Helpers:
(Nurture children with special needs. Training available.)
- Sunday School hour (9:30am)
- Worship Service (10:45am)
Sunday School Teachers
- 2 year old's
- 4 year old's
- 5th and 6th grade (Men, your leadership with our preteen boys would be of great value!)
VBS Team of Directors:
(We are currently making important decisions about VBS. In order to move forward, we need to complete our Team of Directors as soon as possible.)
- Director of Registration
- Director of Small Groups (Direct the teams that lead kids from activity to activity.)
- Director of Nursery and Toddlers (childcare for VBS volunteers)
(VBS is tentatively set for July 8-12; 6:00-8:15pm.)
- Admin. - Simple weekly administrative computer tasks each taking 5-15 minutes. At church or home. Training provided.
- Video- Record and/or edit teaching and informational videos.
- Graphic Design- Several people needed. Ranging from simply adding text to an image to creating a design from scratch.